turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have installed TurboTax 2023 on macOS 14.4, but unfortunately, when I start application keeps crashing. I've tested it on another Mac ,yet the problem persists.

I am attempting to install TurboTax 2023 on my Mac running macOS 14.4, but unfortunately, the application keeps crashing. I've tested the installation on another Mac with the same configuration, yet the problem persists. If anyone has successfully resolved this issue or found a workaround, I would greatly appreciate your guidance and advice. Thank you!
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies
MonikaK1
Expert Alumni

I have installed TurboTax 2023 on macOS 14.4, but unfortunately, when I start application keeps crashing. I've tested it on another Mac ,yet the problem persists.

The operating system requirements for Mac computers for 2023 are:

macOS Monterey 12 or later (macOS Big Sur 11 not supported)

• Specific macOS: macOS Monterey 12, macOS Ventura 13, macOS Sonoma 14

Please see this webpage for more information.

See also this help article for minimum system requirements.

This help article addresses the situation where TurboTax for Mac won't open after it was installed.

If you have tried exiting the program and reentering, and rebooting the computer, I recommend that you contact TurboTax Support for assistance. They may be able to set up a Glance screenshare session if needed.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Yes , I am using macOS Sonoma 14

Please find my System Software Overview:

System Version: macOS 14.4 (23E214)
Kernel Version: Darwin 23.4.0
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Chip: Apple M1 Pro

I have installed Mac_TurboTax_Download.dmg , have premium licence. 

Same problem I am facing on another mac machine with similar configuration.

Same problem with me.   Turbotax freezes and I have to relaunch it.....every single time.  something is seriously wrong here.  Intuit, are you listening?

I found this posted on an Apple community support page which might help.

You have to google this in google's search bar, TT wont let me post the URL link

Can't Open TurboTax 2023 on macOS Sonoma 14.3 (latest version)

I filed my Federal tax form via Turbo Tax in early February and the return was deposited into my account within two weeks. I used the desk top version on my Mac. Now I'm trying to work on another return for someone else and Turbo Tax keeps bombing. I've done more than one return before. Is there a limit of only one return now?

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Your information will be stored on your personal hard drive. It also allows you to prepare and print unlimited federal tax returns, and e-file up to five at no charge (additional fee per state e-file with TurboTax Desktop).

Refer to the following troubleshooting topics for steps to solve TurboTax for Mac Desktop issues. If your issue isn't resolved after going through these troubleshooting tips, contact us for help.

Installing TurboTax for Mac

Updating TurboTax for Mac

Related Information:

@jesana 

I met the same problem, after install the TurboTax 2023 on macOS 14.4(23E214). The TurboTax 2023 can't be opened. 

Screenshot at Mar 24 09-58-15.png

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Refer to the following troubleshooting topics for steps to solve TurboTax for Mac Desktop issues. If your issue isn't resolved after going through these troubleshooting tips, contact us for help.

Installing TurboTax for Mac

Updating TurboTax for Mac

Related Information:

@xiang fan 

I am dissatisfied with TurboTax's support. They redirected me to the Apple forum for a solution, even though the issue lies with their software.
Initially, it functioned properly, but after a mandatory update, it ceased to work again. Now, I'm compelled to file tax from a professional, which I find quite unsettling.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies