Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have finish my tax on here but haven't mail it yet and want to make changes since want to do it jointly now and also extension so what do I do?

have more questions regrading my situation 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
PaulC1

I have finish my tax on here but haven't mail it yet and want to make changes since want to do it jointly now and also extension so what do I do?

If you expect to get a refund, you do not need to file an extension. You can file it later and still get the full refund. If you expect to owe money, you will need to pay today in order to avoid interest and penalties, even if you file the extension.

So if you are going to owe, be sure to file that extension today, and send a payment with it.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
PaulC1

If you expect to get a refund, you do not need to file an extension. You can file it later and still get the full refund. If you expect to owe money, you will need to pay today in order to avoid interest and penalties, even if you file the extension.

So if you are going to owe, be sure to file that extension today, and send a payment with it.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies