turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ccdelrio

I have deleted a form that i don't need but it still shows up at the end of my return not allowing me to file. What can I do?

I'm being prompted to enter a EIN for a childcare provider even though I answered NO to the childcare question.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MollsBBU

I have deleted a form that i don't need but it still shows up at the end of my return not allowing me to file. What can I do?

An incomplete Form 2441 will be created if you start the Child and Dependent Care section but don't complete it. This can cause problems when attempting to file your return.

To resolve:

1. While signed in to your return, search for child care credit (use this exact term) and then click the "Jump to" link in your search results.
  2. At the Did you pay for child or dependent care in 2015? screen, answer Yes. (Even though it doesn't make sense.)
  3. Continue to the Whose care did you pay for? screen and uncheck all boxes. Click Continue.
  4. In the upper right corner, click My Account > Tools and then select Delete a Form from the options listed.
  5. Scroll down the list of forms and click Delete next to 2441.
  6. Click Delete Form to confirm. You should see the message Form Successfully Deleted. Click Continue.
  7. Back at the Review Form List screen, scroll down to make sure 2441 no longer appears on the list.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MollsBBU

An incomplete Form 2441 will be created if you start the Child and Dependent Care section but don't complete it. This can cause problems when attempting to file your return.

To resolve:

1. While signed in to your return, search for child care credit (use this exact term) and then click the "Jump to" link in your search results.
  2. At the Did you pay for child or dependent care in 2015? screen, answer Yes. (Even though it doesn't make sense.)
  3. Continue to the Whose care did you pay for? screen and uncheck all boxes. Click Continue.
  4. In the upper right corner, click My Account > Tools and then select Delete a Form from the options listed.
  5. Scroll down the list of forms and click Delete next to 2441.
  6. Click Delete Form to confirm. You should see the message Form Successfully Deleted. Click Continue.
  7. Back at the Review Form List screen, scroll down to make sure 2441 no longer appears on the list.
ccdelrio

Many Thanks!! This was super helpful and I was able to finally file 🙂
MollsBBU

You're very welcome! Glad I could help 🙂
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies