I have been unemployed with no income since May or...

escritura

I have been unemployed with no income since May or June. I live with my sister & she has been paying all bills. Should she claim me? I'm 55; she's 71.

I was laid off Sept 2018 and had some money from severance, then Unemployment, then I took $ out of my Retirement (penalty). Now I am waiting to hear if I qualify for Disability. I am nearly penniless. I was paying part of the bills and living expenses until my Retirement money ran out. Should my sister claim me as a dependent?
RobertG

She can claim you if she meets the qualifications.

The easiest way to find out is to go to the My Info section of TurboTax and have her answer the dependent questions.

It may save her some money.

Information about who can be claimed as a dependent can be found at this TurboTax website: Who can I claim as my dependent?

If you had over $4200 of income from any source other than Social Security in 2019, you cannot be claimed as anyone else's dependent.  And...if anyone claims you as a dependent you cannot receive the $1200 stimulus check.

If your sister claims you all she gets is a $500 credit for other dependents.

CREDIT FOR OTHER DEPENDENTS

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4499708-what-is-the-500-credit-for-other-dependents-family-tax-cre...

fanfare

Better for you to get $1200 than your sister to get $500, right ?

Nancy wants to send out more stimulus money.

You don't want to be claimed as a dependent !