turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

c_m_j333

I have been overcharged $60.38 from the time I select Turbotax Products, completed the pymnt info and received the receipt. How can I get a refund for being overcharged?

The product pricing showed a specific amount. I completed my payment method and received a receipt that increased the product prices by $52.10 plus $8.28 for sales tax and the total overcharge is $60.38. I contacted one agent who directed me to a refund link. The refund link only allows total product refund requests. After entering the refund request and attempting to save, I received a pop-up window stating there was an error saving and to submit another request. Crap. I created another request and it did the same thing but I think it saved regardless of the error message. I contacted another agent and they stated there is no mechanizm for partial refunds. As I was talking with her, I receive a rejection email for a case ID # not matching my first or second refund request which stated "We are unable to process the refund for TurboTax Online product Case #______ because our Satisfaction Guaranteed policy only covers TurboTax CD/Download products. TurboTax Online is designed not to charge the customer until after they choose to file, so it is not covered under the Satisfaction Guarantee. So, what the heck? I selected the products online, it showed the prices, I printed the prices, I provided the payment method and was charged more than what I agreed to. Apparently their satisfaction guarantee doesn't cover....."At Turbotax, we can charge you a fake price and charge you whatever we want and there is nothing you can do about it."
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

I have been overcharged $60.38 from the time I select Turbotax Products, completed the pymnt info and received the receipt. How can I get a refund for being overcharged?

Please call TurboTax Customer service.  Here is a link:  Turbo Tax Customer Service 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies