Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

I have another w2 to take picture of

2 Replies
Expert Alumni

I have another w2 to take picture of

Please follow these steps to enter your second W-2 via the mobile app, which will then be uploaded to TurboTax Online:

  1. Sign in to the app (if you’re not already signed in), open or continue your return, and then:
    • Select the menu icon in the upper left.
    • Select Federal, then Wages & Income.
    • Under Wages and income, select Job (W-2), on the next screen, select Add another W-2.
  2. You will next see the OK, let's get what's in Box b screen.
    • This screen allows you to import your W-2 by entering your employer ID number.
    • To take a picture of your W-2, continue to the next screen.
  3. On the OK, how would you like to enter your W-2? screen, select Snap a photo of my W-2.
  4. Make sure your W-2 is lying flat on a plain, well-lit surface. We'll direct you on how to get the best photo and automatically snap the picture for you.
    • Note: This picture won't be saved on your device, nor in your TurboTax account.
  5. TurboTax will automatically import your information, or direct you to type it in if there’s a problem. You'll have the opportunity to compare the information entered with your W-2 and to make changes if needed.

You can continue in the mobile app or sign into TurboTax Online where your information will now be uploaded.

Level 15

I have another w2 to take picture of

Did you already file the first one?


You cannot cancel or change or add anything on the return that you e-filed.  It is too late, just like when you put an envelope in a US mailbox

Now you have to wait until the IRS either rejects or accepts your return. Which won't be until Feb 12 this year. If your return is rejected, you will be able to go into your account and add or change it and resend it. Click on Add a State to let you back into your return..

If the IRS accepts your return, then you have to wait until it has been fully processed and you have received your refund or paid the tax due. THEN you can prepare an amended tax return 1040X and mail it in. You cannot e-file an amended return.  Meanwhile, DO NOT change anything on your return until you start the amended return. If you did change or add the missing info then take it out and put your return back to the way it was when you first filed it.

You can check your efiling status here,

How to amend an Online return

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings