Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

idwastex

I have an online account due to using TurboTax for many years. If I download the basic for 39.99, how many free federal filings do I get? And do I still get 1 free State

If I use the CD or download as a new user of the website, the basic is 69.99 and I get 5 Federal filings and 1 State for free.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I have an online account due to using TurboTax for many years. If I download the basic for 39.99, how many free federal filings do I get? And do I still get 1 free State

"Basic" does not include a state return.  If you want to prepare a state return you need at least Deluxe.  And if you want the 5 federal e-files you need the CD or the download, NOT online TurboTax.  You might want to compare pricing on Amazon, etc. for desktop software.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

View solution in original post

3 Replies

"Basic" does not include a state return.  If you want to prepare a state return you need at least Deluxe.  And if you want the 5 federal e-files you need the CD or the download, NOT online TurboTax.  You might want to compare pricing on Amazon, etc. for desktop software.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

By the way, the free state is one free state program to prepare unlimited state returns (all for the same state).  Then it is 19.99-24.99 to efile each state return including the first one.  Or you can print and mail state for free.  Sometimes people get that confused.

With the Desktop program you can do unlimited federal and state returns but only efile 5.
idwastex

Thank you very much for the rapid response!! Your information answered my questions perfectly.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies