pslion09

I have a w2G but my ssn is incorect. how do I fix this?

MargaretL

Please contact the W2G Payer and ask for a corrected form. Meanwhile, file your return with the incorrect number. Once the IRS receives the corrected form, they will make the correction on their end and you won't have to amend at all. 

As an alternative, you can file an extension to file (but you must still pay your tax due on time, by April 18th) and wait for the corrected W2G form. Once you receive you can submit your return. 

MargaretL

galloj15

I had several W2G forms. The IRS rejected all of them for having incorrect Payor IDs.  The Federal EIN was correct but the form did not have a payor's state tax ID or state (the fields were blank) , as were the state winnings.  Once I found out the  Payor's State ID and put it into the form, it was accepted by the IRS.  That form is bulky and extremely slow, took forever to enter data