Solved: I have a second job in which I received my W2 stating I made $4500. Am I required to file this?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a second job in which I received my W2 stating I made $4500. Am I required to file this?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 2

I have a second job in which I received my W2 stating I made $4500. Am I required to file this?

Definitely. If you already filed your return and you got this W-2 afterwards, you gotta wait until your original return is complete before you file an amended return.

Also, amended returns CANNOT be E-Filed. It has to be mailed in, I believe to Kansas City, Missouri. So, wait until you have 3 bars on Where's my Refund, and then file the amended return. But to answer your initial question, you absolutely need to amend and include that new W-2.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Level 2

Definitely. If you already filed your return and you got this W-2 afterwards, you gotta wait until your original return is complete before you file an amended return.

Also, amended returns CANNOT be E-Filed. It has to be mailed in, I believe to Kansas City, Missouri. So, wait until you have 3 bars on Where's my Refund, and then file the amended return. But to answer your initial question, you absolutely need to amend and include that new W-2.

View solution in original post

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings