turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ralphrth

I have a paid version of delux and it is charging me for state and another 44.99

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies

I have a paid version of delux and it is charging me for state and another 44.99

A fee of 44.99 in desktop Deluxe (CD/download) can be a couple of things.  See which one applies to you.  

Did you buy your Deluxe product outside of TurboTax?   If so, retail Deluxe comes in 2 versions--one that includes a state program (i.e., a Fed and State combo), and one that is Federal-only.  Check the box or product info to see which one you have--state or no state.  If you don't have the Deluxe that has a state program, it will charge you for the state program when you go to download state to start preparing it (normally 44.99, but may be discounted now to 39.99.)

If that's not your situation,  here is another possibility:

Are you in the process of efiling the state return and encounter a state efile fee of 19.99?  If so, and if you choose to pay that 19.99 out of your Federal refund, there is an additional fee for that payment option--39.99 for non-California filers, and 44.99 for California filers.   Are you a California filer and used that payment option?  TurboTax may refer to it as "Premium Services" for 44.99.

If you have that second situation, and as long as you haven't filed, you can remove the "pay-out-of-refund" method (Premium Services) and pay the 19.99 state efile fee upfront by credit/debit card or a prepaid debit card you can buy in a store.

Also, if you don't want to pay the 19.99 state efile fee, you can print, sign, and mail the state return for free.
ralphrth

Yes it was the second situation thank you very much for your responce

You're welcome.  Were you able to get it removed and proceed?
ralphrth

Yes i was thank you

If you choose to pay a state efile fee out of your Federal refund, there is an additional fee for that payment option--39.99 for non-California filers, and 44.99 for California filers.   Are you a California filer and used that payment option?  TurboTax may refer to it as "Premium Services" for 44.99.

You can remove the "pay-out-of-refund" method (Premium Services in Calfornia) and pay the 19.99 state efile fee upfront by credit/debit card or a prepaid debit card you can buy in a store.

Also, if you don't want to pay the 19.99 state efile fee, you can print, sign, and mail the state return for free.

celjo
Returning Member

I purchased Turbo Tax Deluxe with state returns.  Why the charge?

celjo
Returning Member

I thought there is no charge allowed for E filing the NY state return

@celjo  wrote:

I thought there is no charge allowed for E filing the NY state return

EDITED 7/16/20  4:35 PM

I've revised this answer.   I found your other comment where you said you purchased "Turbo Tax Deluxe with state returns", so I'll assume that's the desktop software (CD/download).    See the additional info I added below.

In Online TurboTax, there is a fee to prepare the NY state return, but no fee to efile it.   All efiling in the Online editions is free.

In the desktop software (CD/download), there is no fee to efile a NY state return.  The state efiling fee is only for other states.

What are you experiencing?   If you are using desktop software and were still charged an efile fee of 24.99 for the NY state return, here's how to speak to TurboTax Support:

You can use this contact form to get a phone number and incident number.  Be sure to indicate in the dropdown list that you are using the CD/download version.
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

I am trying to pay the efile fee by credit card, the screen says to select continue but nothing happens.  It won't let me go forward to input credit card information.  

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

@kbarnes0701 Try closing out of TurboTax and clear your cache and delete cookies. Then sign back into your TurboTax account. If that does not work, try a different browser. You may also want to try a compete a disk cleanup and restart your computer. Then sign back in and resume to the payment screen.

Please reach out to us if you need further assistance.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies