turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jaunger04

I have a betterment 1099-b with approximately 55 pages of transactions. Am I required to input each oneof the transactions???

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
LindaA
Expert Alumni

I have a betterment 1099-b with approximately 55 pages of transactions. Am I required to input each oneof the transactions???

No, you won't have to enter these transactions separately. During the 1099-B interview, you'll have the option to enter a summary for each sales category. (Click the attachment below to enlarge it for reference.) If you need help, just click the How do I figure this out? links when you are on the Tell us about your 1099-B page.

Note: You may be able to import your 1099-B if your brokerage participates in the TurboTax Partner program. See the FAQ below for more information.

How do I import my 1099?  https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3389470

Maybe... The 1099-B import *almost* works.  See https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/re-i-imported-my-1099-b-directly-from-betterment-... for some details.  You may be able to import but still have to make hand edits to dozens to hundreds of transactions because the import does rounding incorrectly.  I’m not sure I’ll use TurboTax next year for this reason alone as I’m in the same boat using Betterment TLH+ myself.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies