pstulip

I have a 1099-INT from a Series HH Bond that matured. In box 3, there is Annual Interest Paid and Accrued Interest Reported, what do I actually enter on the tax form?

Do I enter Total Interest Reported line from the 1099-INT on the tax form for Box 3?
gloriah5200

yes you would use the annual interest paid

pstulip

Thank you for your reply. So do I need to enter the Accrued Interest Reported anywhere?

Cynthiad66

No.  The regular interest that your HH bonds earn every six months must be reported on your federal income tax return for the year in which the interest is earned. By January 31 of each year, we send the bond owner an IRS Form 1099-INT form showing the interest earned in the previous year.  So the accrued interest is covered in the 1099INT.