aliviadc

I have 3 kids. Their father is claiming 2 of them this year. Can I still list all 3, but enter the 2 as non dependents and the 3Rd as a dependent?

Texas Roger

If you are the custodial parent who the children lived with more than half the year, this is exactly what you should do. Enter all 3 children on your tax return but indicate that the other parent is claiming the dependency exemption for the two he is claiming as dependents.

Texas Roger

aliviadc

Thank you! We share 50/50 custody. Last year was the leap year. Otherwise I still hold more days.