Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

andyk

I have 1099-int from US Treasury but I don't have the option to enter it under US Treasury Int... it shows under just Interest.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

I have 1099-int from US Treasury but I don't have the option to enter it under US Treasury Int... it shows under just Interest.

You can use the steps here below to enter that 1099-INT with treasury int if Box 3 is filled in on it. 

• Type 1099-INT in the Search box in top right
  • Select jump to 1099-INT and it will take you right to section to enter this
  • Select Yes on page where it asks Did you receive any interest income?
    • If you already entered the 1099-INT, it will take you to Here's the interest we have so far screen and you just click Edit there and check the My form has info in more than just box 1 (this is uncommon) box
  • Next page, choose I'll type it in myself and then put a check mark in the box labeled My form has info in more than just box 1 (this is uncommon) on the next page
  • And Box 3 is where you will enter your treasury int

• I have a same problem. I only have a "Total Interest Paid or Credited" box where shows the amount. After entering the amount, it shows on the list under just "Interest". There is a section names "US Treasury Int", and I think it should be shown under this....
JulieS
Expert Alumni

The interest screen only shows the most common boxes that are used for Form 1099-INT, but there is a check box that opens up the entire form, if you have other information.

This is how to find it:

1. Open your return and select Federal.
  2. Select Wages and Income toward the upper left.
  3. Scroll down, or expand the list and find Interest and Dividends.
  4. Expand that section and find Interest on 1099-INT.
  5. Click on Add/ Edit to the right.
  6. Click Edit to the right of the 1099-INT you are trying to change.
  7. Check the box next to My form has info in other boxes (this is uncommon).

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
gayle324
Returning Member

I just talked to TT expert, as I have the same form.  He said that because it says "Statement Showing Interest Income from the IRS" (on my form, in the top left box), that the number under Total Interest Paid or Credited should go under Box 1: Interest Income.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies