Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

vball3000

I had to pay online state fees and self employment fees it was 164. Is there someone I could talk to about these fees

People to talk to about fees

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
KellyH

I had to pay online state fees and self employment fees it was 164. Is there someone I could talk to about these fees

After you file, you will receive an email that shows the TurboTax products you purchased with a breakdown of your benefits. Do you have any specific questions about your charges?

vball3000

Yes. It was 119 for self employment and 44 for state why so much?
KellyH

TurboTax Self-Employed not only allows you to accurately file your taxes based on your self-employed tax complexity, but also has great year-round benefits you can access. <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/online/self-employed.jsp">https://turbotax.intuit.com/per...>
Jberry61

I am really not self-employed

• but when figuring my taxes I entered a 1099 which is the only the only 1099 i had I'm really not self-employed as you can see by my w-2s a butI it was the only way TurboTax but let me continue .I can't afford the amount due at this time. what can we do.. can i  lower it.. can i make 

• payments?  Help John

The IRS considers a 1099Misc with the amount in box 7 to be self employment income.  Why did you get the 1099Misc?

In January the IRS will open the Free File website which has Schedule C for 1099Misc/self employment.  

To qualify for the Free File website  you just need to meet one of these 3 things.  This is for last year so 2019 might have higher amounts,

AGI $34,000 or less

Active duty military with AGI of $66,000 or less

OR qualify for EIC (earned income credit.)

In order to use the Free File program, you have to start it at a special website.  Click on the bottom Orange button I Qualify Start Now and set up a NEW account

http://turbotax.intuit.com/taxfreedom/

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies