mizzourah22

I had to change my checking account I need to update it so I can get my tax return in the right place

Texas Roger

After a tax return has been filed and accepted by the IRS the bank information for direct deposit cannot be changed. If the account is wrong on your tax return, the bank will decline the deposit and the IRS will issue a paper check and mail it to you at the address on your tax return. 

veganbuilt

ok... I havent filed for my 2020 returns. How do I update my banking information so in the future if there are more stimulus payments I'm not in this boat again. Id love help now but after calling everyone I have no idea why turbo tax and the IRS cant update bank information and have no idea where the funds are. 

This article is not helpful whatsoever for people who need the stimulus payment

veganbuilt

also im going to be homeless in a few weeks so mail isn't an option

MichelleLO

@veganbuilt If your outdated bank information was transferred to your 2020 tax return, you can update the information by following the steps in the TurboTax FAQ: How do I change my transferred direct deposit information?