Solved: I had no earned income in 2018; therefore no W-2. Why do you keep asking me to fill out earned income from a W-2?????????????

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I had no earned income in 2018; therefore no W-2. Why do you keep asking me to fill out earned income from a W-2?????????????

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 11

I had no earned income in 2018; therefore no W-2. Why do you keep asking me to fill out earned income from a W-2?????????????

Whatever income document you have (1099-R, 1099-Misc, 1099-Div, for example) type the document in the FIND window, then click on 'Jump to xxxx' to go to the entry area for your income.

Or, click on 'Wages & Income', click 'I'll choose what I work on' and you will see a listing of Income Topics where you can enter the type of income that you have.

You don't have to go through sections that don't apply to you.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Level 11

Whatever income document you have (1099-R, 1099-Misc, 1099-Div, for example) type the document in the FIND window, then click on 'Jump to xxxx' to go to the entry area for your income.

Or, click on 'Wages & Income', click 'I'll choose what I work on' and you will see a listing of Income Topics where you can enter the type of income that you have.

You don't have to go through sections that don't apply to you.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings