elaine-lusk1107

I had a stroke so I didn't work slot last year.I made a total of 4800.00. I got no 1099, no w2 as I was paid cash. I need to file to get my stimulus but how ?

KathrynG3

Go to the following link to sign up. Look for the registration: TurboTax Updates for Stimulus Payment Registration. It will look like the screenshot below.

In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates:

IRS Coronavirus Tax Relief

TurboTax Corona Virus Tax Center Updates

Our best wishes for your continued recovery.

@elaine-lusk1107

Hal_Al

The IRS considers undocumented cash income (no W-2 or 1099-MISC), for work performed, to be self employment income. Enter at "Business Income & Expenses" and TurboTax (TT) will complete Schedule C or C-EZ for you and allow you to deduct any expenses associated with this income. You'll also have to pay self employment tax (social security & medicare tax) on any profits greater than $400. You report the income from your own records, , no matter how weak those records are and even if they consist of nothing more than your memory. 

You cannot use the free version of TT. 

But, 

TurboTax also has another free product called the Free File Edition (not to be confused with the regular Free Edition).  It has free Federal preparation and free State preparation. There is no efiling fee. It is not available after October 15

The Free file Edition can handle a 1099-MISC.

The Free file Edition is more fully-featured than the regular Free Edition.  The Free File Edition can prepare Schedule A, C, D, E, and F that the Free Edition cannot. 

For Free File Edition a user needs to meet only ONE of these qualifications:

•      AGI of $36,000 or less
  •      or active duty military (including Reservists and National Guard) with a military-issued W-2 and a 2019 AGI of $69,000 or less
  •      or eligible for the Earned Income Credit (EIC aka EITC).

The FREE FILE Edition is located at:
https://turbotax.intuit.com/taxfreedom

How to switch and start over in Free file Edition
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2026912-how-do-i-switch-to-turbotax-freedom-edition