turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

shawk

TurboTax is telling me I cannot use the free file because of a form needed, however, when I enter exact same information into H&R Block, they allow me to file for free

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

TurboTax is telling me I cannot use the free file because of a form needed, however, when I enter exact same information into H&R Block, they allow me to file for free

I had a similar problem.  At the very end I received a message”that because I had a 1099R I needed to upgrade to use the 1040 form.”  This is not true according to their own advertisement and the 1040 is the only tax form this year after they discontinued the 1040A and the EZ.  I could not get around it to file without spending $39.99 to upgrade.  I decided to say I will upgrade to see what happened.  After now being able to file I stopped (no payment set up) and tried to back out.  I was informed that to now cancel my upgrade back to free was not possible without deleting all my info and restarting.  

I went to H&R Block , entered my info and filed.

That's awful...false advertising. I switched to the free H&R Block...well, haven't done it yet so I'll see but started it. If I have to I'll print the forms and do it the old way lol...not paying for it...thanks for the info
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies