turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

T-Hoss

TurboTax is asking for line 35 on Form 6251 on 2017 tax return regarding AMT credit. I found Form 6251, but cannot find Line 35. Any suggestions?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies

TurboTax is asking for line 35 on Form 6251 on 2017 tax return regarding AMT credit. I found Form 6251, but cannot find Line 35. Any suggestions?

The answer would be the same as on your form 1040, line 45

T-Hoss

I have the 2017 tax return in pdf format. When I CTRL+F to search for Form 1040, Line 45 I get no results.  I did the same for Form 6251, Line 35.  Any place else I can look?  Is there a better way to find the info than I am doing?

Look at your 2017 tax form 1040 line 45 it should be the same answer

I looked at the printed version
T-Hoss

I think I see the problem. I filed a 1040A last year with TurboTax. I don't think the AMT applies to me because my income was too low.  Looks like a glitch in TurboTax's code?  There are other people who have had the same problem for the past 2 years.  Previous people have entered $0 to proceed.  Thanks for trying to help out!

I got notification that Minnesota is updating their system on 2/7/19, so maybe enter the zero and try refiling after tomorrow.  That is my plan.
taxedinca

Please fix the code error - I have the same issue as T.Hoss

No.  Print off the very first two pages of form 1040 and on the second page is line 45 written on bold.  Depending on your income, most likely to be blank.  When you go back to your form on TurboTax, enter the amount here.  TurboTax was found a product update today, Feb 7th, which was to correct this error.  Once you had your answer, then have TurboTax review your taxes and refile.  Hopefully it will be okay. I am going to do the same thing today.

T-Hoss

Awesome, will do.  Thanks for the follow up!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies