puneetgoenka24

I get below error : box 15 state-1 must be entered In my W2, Box 15 has State as blank, Employer's state ID no has 'Total STATE' . Box 16 is blank, Box 17 has some amt

DanielV01

It depends.  You may have received several W-2 copies.  This may happen when you either have multiple states or multiple local taxes for the same employer.  Look carefully at all of your W-2 copies.  The correct state and local information should be located on the different copies you have, and you will enter this information in place of "TOTAL STATE".  Fill in the box 16 and 17 information with the amounts you find in that line.