turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dpearce

I filed taxes and having a hard time with online id verfication no phone support not available. Will I still be eligible for a stimulus direct deposit check?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
SusanY1
Expert Alumni

I filed taxes and having a hard time with online id verfication no phone support not available. Will I still be eligible for a stimulus direct deposit check?

Maybe.  If the IRS has deposit information on file for you currently from a 2018 or 2019 return, this is where they will attempt to deposit any stimulus funds.  

The IRS is expected to make a portal available for taxpayers who do not have this information on file to be able to provide it.  Please see this link at the IRS for more information: IRS Economic Impact Payment information.

Please take care when utilizing any site to enter your bank account information. Protect yourself by going directly to IRS.GOV to find this site when it is made available. Do not click on links that are e-mailed to you.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
dpearce

Irs sent me a letter to my house with a pin cide, unfortunately I misplaced it. Having a hard time registering online. Asking for credit card info, or loan account number which I don't have. I only have a prepaid card. I called the irs to retrieve a new pin code but phone support. Live support or automatic not available. I have my AIG & other info. I went to a the irs website to input my info IRS automatically asking about 2018 taxes, which I didn't file because I didn't work in 2018.. When I input my info website says I already filed. My question is ppl who filed 2019 taxes & still haven't verified identify. Will IRSBdeposit funds to the bank account. I use to file my 2019 taxes?

DeanM15
Expert Alumni

If the IRS issued you an IP-PIN, then you will need to include it on your return if you intend to e-file. 

You can attempt to recover the IP-PIN here.

You will also need your 2018 AGI to e-file. If you did not file a return in 2018, then your AGI is $0.

Once your 2019 federal tax return is accepted by the IRS, they will use it to disperse the stimulus payment if you otherwise qualify. 

I would urge you to try and e-file your 2019 tax return. The IRS has stopped processing mailed in paper returns at this time. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies