turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

toknow904

After submitting the information requested by IRS (i.e 8962 form, 1095-A) why does it take so long for them to send your refund? Why it cant be within 21 days?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

After submitting the information requested by IRS (i.e 8962 form, 1095-A) why does it take so long for them to send your refund? Why it cant be within 21 days?

I don't think any of us understand why, but you're definitely not alone in your frustration.  Lots of people are experiencing the same delay, including myself, because of the forms needed to finish processing your return.  I've been advised just to keep checking for a (ddd) or direct deposit day every morning.  The letter the IRS sent stated that once they received our forms it would take 6 to 8 weeks from that day.  I filed 2/6/17.  It was accepted 2/7/17.  Received letter 2/18....mailed off forms 2/27.  Still haven't received a direct deposit date.  Hope this helps or at least lets you know you're not the only one dealing with this.  Have a good day!  Good luck to you!

toknow904

yes I know.  just to help you out.  you can request your transcripts online and it will give you a ddd date.  I checked mine this morning it shows the beginning of April.  Good luck to you tooo...

I filed my taxes on 3/2 and they were accepted the same day. I were suppose to  received my taxes on the 23th but instead I received  a letter from the IRS on 3/20 requesting my 1095-C and 8962 tax form, I immediately 3/21 faxed the forms back I waited two days and called the IRS and I was told that it would take an additional 4 weeks before I would receive my taxes.

mlrecord59
Returning Member

I'm just upset that Turbo Tax did not ask. I've used them 5 years. I'm coming out of a Hurricane as many are, and was depending on the money. This is the only year this has happened. I figured if not asked and Obama Care lifted we didn't need it. Is that time frame from when we were accepted or we starting all over again from day they got the fax? I received letter on 28th Feb, faxed the 29th. I don't even know anything and can't find out. I called they are not accepting calls because of high volume. Call back at s later date. I totally understand the mass of taxes, but to miss one form? They should just add it and process. Not start all over again. I'll not use Turbo Tax again. I'll pay someone if need be. This has put a hard ship on so many people. It's uncalled for.

mlrecord59
Returning Member

when I tried to get mine they want to charge me for it.

VictoriaD75
Employee Tax Expert

The shared responsibility payment for lack of insurance has been reduced to $0. However, ACA was not repealed. 

If you purchased insurance through the marketplace and received a 1095-A, that must still be reported on your return.This will calculate the Net Premium Tax Credit on Form 8962. This form reconciles the amount of the credit available to you with the amount already received as an Advance Premium Tax Credit. The result could be additional credit owed to you, or you may have to repay any amount already received in advance. Because of either of these results, it is important for taxpayers to include the information from Form 1095-A on their return.

Follow these steps:

• Click on Deductions & Credits under Federal
  • Under the menu for Medical, click Start/Revisit next to Affordable Care Act (Form 1095-A)
  • Answer Yes indicating that you have the form to enter
  • Complete the information on the next screen to match your form and click continue
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies