turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I filed my 8379 form directly to the irs the day after my taxes were accepted. Do they really take the whole 8 weeks to direct deposit the refund or is it usually sooner

We filed with turbo on feb 7th. Taxes were accepted on the 10th and we filed our injured spouse form directly with the irs by walking it in on the 12th. They say it takes 8 weeks for it to be direct deposited but I am wondering if it is usually sooner???

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
1410aug

I filed my 8379 form directly to the irs the day after my taxes were accepted. Do they really take the whole 8 weeks to direct deposit the refund or is it usually sooner

How lomg did it take
Rachel_W
Expert Alumni

The usual time frame for receiving a Refund when there is a Form 8379 filed is 6-8 weeks.  I have seen it come quicker, but I have also seen it take longer.    

Also, for future reference, it is more efficient to E-File Form 8379 along with your Tax Return rather than mail it separately.  

Check out the TurboTax FAQ below for more information:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3326788

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies