Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Willl1

I filed My 2023 Taxes With Premier TurboTax on April 15 and were accepted by the IRS, 4 Days Later an email on My Junk Folder told me it had been rejected, What do I do?

Premier TurboTax shows the IRS accepted My taxes on 4-15-24, What should I do?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

I filed My 2023 Taxes With Premier TurboTax on April 15 and were accepted by the IRS, 4 Days Later an email on My Junk Folder told me it had been rejected, What do I do?

If you expected a refund, you can check your status on the IRS website.

@Willl1 

If you really used "Premier" then that is the desktop software and not the "Online" software.

IF it was indeed the desktop software, re-open that tax file and then go up to the top line menu  to the "File" selection (not the File tab...the actual top line menu) and re-check your filing status from the drop-down menu.

Also, make sure it wasn't just the state that was rejected.  The IRS can accept, but the State could have rejected their part (if you filed a state).

5_Desktop_FilingStatus.png

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
Willl1

I stil says it was accepted

What exactly does the reject email say?  And who is it from?  Maybe its a fake.  Or an old email for a prior year?  

If you efiled, In the PDF of your TurboTax return, the last page of the federal return should be an "electronic postmark" that shows your name, Social Security number, the date and time that you e-filed the return, and the date that the IRS accepted it.  For Desktop  You can probably switch to Forms mode and get it.  

If your return shows Accepted then I wouldn’t worry about the email.   You can also order a Transcript from the IRS to see if they got it.  

https://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript

if AGI is not matching, tell TurboTax you did not file last year.

You can use AGI = zero. to e-File.

Often, that works.

@Willl1 

Willl1

I have My AGI, I got it from my IRS account, the problem is that TurboTax desktop shows that IRS has accepted my taxes, and does not let me do anything else, IRS have no record of receiving any taxes because it was rejected

@Willl1 Since you are using the desktop editions, click on Forms.

When in Forms mode, on the left side of the screen there will be a report called Postmark Report.  Click on the report to open.  On the report will be the date/time the tax return was e-filed and the date it was Accepted by the IRS, if Accepted.

Electronic Postmark Report.JPG

If the Report shows the e-filed tax return as Accepted then you need to call the IRS and speak directly to an IRS agent.  If the agent tells you that the IRS records show your tax return as Rejected then you will have to print and mail the 2023 tax return to the IRS.

Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
Then press 3 for all other inquiries
It should then transfer you to an agent.

TurboTax support FAQ for printing and mailing a tax return - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/printers-printing/print-mail-return-turb...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies