Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the W-4! >> Event happening TOMORROW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Jada
Returning Member

I filed my 2018 federal return I didn't file my state return why when I downloaded 2018 return the state was at the bottom & does that mean their complete????

I download my 2018 federal return taxes why at the bottom of return it said state does that mean my state is completel with my federal because I believe I never finished my state
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

I filed my 2018 federal return I didn't file my state return why when I downloaded 2018 return the state was at the bottom & does that mean their complete????

Not necessarily.

Having the state forms in the PDF  download only means that you at least started working on your state taxes, and perhaps paid for the state software...but it does not mean they were actually filed.

Only you would know if you ever completed pushing the proper buttons to actually file the state forms.

You might look at the state forms in the PDF state section to see if there is a filing instructions sheet...that might indicate what you did....but if it's not there, there is no way for any of us to tell you whether you filed or not.

Of course, if your state has sent you a letter asking you about not filing...then it's likely that you didn't file them.

1)  IF you think the state forms are complete you could mail them in to your state dept of revenue...signed and dated...along with any tax forms showing state withholding

or

2)  IF not fully prepared/completed yet, you would have to buy/download/install the 2018 desktop software on a full MAC or Windows computer....download your datafile (ending .tax2018 )  from yoru online account, then complete the state section...print....and mail it in to the state.

2018 desktop tax software here:

TurboTax® 2018 Tax Software for Filing Past Years’ Taxes, Prior Year Tax Preparation (intuit.com)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies