turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

clavin422

I filed jointly with my wife. When going to WMR tool it sees that my wife filed but it does not have any information for me. What gives?

Our return was accepted by the IRS last week however when using the where's my refund tool it does not have any information when I put in my social.  When I enter my wife's information it says that they have received the refund.

Why would this be?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I filed jointly with my wife. When going to WMR tool it sees that my wife filed but it does not have any information for me. What gives?

A joint return is one return listing all the income, deductions, tax owed, or tax refunds for a married couple.

It will only be found using the SSN of the first taxpayer listed on the form (the "top" line on the printed return).  

View solution in original post

10 Replies

A joint return is one return listing all the income, deductions, tax owed, or tax refunds for a married couple.

It will only be found using the SSN of the first taxpayer listed on the form (the "top" line on the printed return).  

I have the opposite issue. I filed jointly with my husband and my refund status says still being processed and when I try his info the same as mine expected with his social it shows we received your return and it is being processed.  Why would this happen?

@Starabug Whose name is listed first on the return?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

That's the crazy thing,  my name was listed as the primary taxpayer

RobertB4444
Expert Alumni

If they both say that they are being processed then the IRS is saying the same thing to both of you.  Regardless of the wording.

@Starabug 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Okay but I thought only the primary tax payer can have a status. 

RobertB4444
Expert Alumni

No.  All taxpayers are considered filers.  Sometimes it takes them longer to process the status for the secondary taxpayer.

@Starabug 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Oh okay, I was just going off of what the wmr faqs had said. 

Thank you for your help! Now my nerves can be settled 

One says still being processed and the other one says just being processed.  The irs never ever ever ever ever issues my refund within 21 days. I wish I knew why but it's always hell for me to receive my refund even tho it was a simple return 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies