Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

pbreen27

I filed for an extension, but alreay paid what I owe in federal taxes back before the April deadline. Not able to move past pay options to file. How do I do this?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I filed for an extension, but alreay paid what I owe in federal taxes back before the April deadline. Not able to move past pay options to file. How do I do this?

What's it asking you to pay for?  The Turbo Tax fees?  You are in Deluxe, there is a fee for federal and a fee for state.  Did you pay the fees yet?

How to see your fees

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/charges-and-fees/help/how-do-i-review-my-fees-in-turbotax-online/0...

I am guessing that you have not entered the amount you paid before the April deadline (was this with your extension), so TurboTax is unaware that you no longer owe the IRS anything but are due a refund. Is this correct?

If you need to add the amount you paid with the extension, then open your return, go to Deductions & Credits, then go down to subheading Estimated and Other Taxes Paid and click on Start (or Revisit) for Income Taxes Paid.

Answer "Yes" on the next screen, then continue to "Payments with 2018 federal extension". However, if you made the payment on a 1040-ES, then you enter this amount on a related screen under the subheading Estimated and Other Taxes Paid.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies