feigenwinter3

I filed b4 the unemployment law, when I logged in to see my docs, they reflected the correct change. Now when I open them it shows the org amt? Is that normal?

I just want to make sure that I am not doing something wrong. I printed the docs that reflected the amt I should of received, now Turbotax doesn't show me those docs.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Judging by posts I'm seeing it seems Turbo Tax put the returns back to the original filed one.  Which is probably a good thing to match what was actually filed.  The moderator has been asked about it.

@VolvoGirl 

they had to. think of all the returns, if the corrected AGI was used, would get rejected because the AGI didn't match the return originally filed.   now I would like to find out what Turbotax is going to do with returns filed using the desktop versions. filed before ARP act. open return after ARP act and refund was updated. reopened and it has not gone back.  Turbotax is going to have millions of pissed-off customers next year when their returns get rejected for the AGI mismatch. fortunately, I saved a "before" copy, but i'll bet millions of others didn't. 

Exactly!

feigenwinter3

So I filed using the desktop version back in  Jan. I always print out my taxes when I am done, luckily I also printed the updated doc before they switched it back. Does this finally mean the IRS is working on getting those refunds out ? 

No. The IRS doesn't update Turbo Tax about your return or anything.  Changing your return back is just an internal Turbo Tax update.

Have you seen this new IRS announcement May 14, 2021
https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-begins-correcting-tax-returns-for-unemployment-compensation-income-...

@feigenwinter3   So you filed from the Desktop program?  Then they updated the program to show the new unemployment refund.  Then are you saying they updated the program again to show your original filed return?  According to Mike9241 his return wasn't put back.  

feigenwinter3

@VolvoGirl 

So back in Jan. I filed my taxes through TurboTax.com. Once i filed I printed out my tax docs.

My taxes were approved and sent to me by Feb. Then the unemployment tax law passed in March. When I logged back into my TurboTax, they had updated docs with the refund amount I should of received with the money back from my unemployment taxes. 

Today when I logged back into Turbotax.com, I downloaded my docs again, and now it is saying my original amount as a refund when I filed back in January. 

I just wanted to make sure this wouldnt mess anything up for my refund from the IRS. 

I checked my account transcripts online and it doesn't have anything new on there, besides a date saying as of May 31st, 2021 then it is blank. 

No the internal Turbo Tax updates wont affect anything.  They should be still sending you the new difference.  

See new IRS article May 14, 2021