turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kspippin

I filed a return for Mississippi after doing so I found out I did not have to file..I payed you 39.95 for this return and turbo tax should have caught this

you should return the filing fee
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
EricG1

I filed a return for Mississippi after doing so I found out I did not have to file..I payed you 39.95 for this return and turbo tax should have caught this

Please contact our Product Support line and they can handle the return for you. The program itself generates the state return because it is told to, though this is commonly missed. It's not, unfortunately, common knowledge that some states don't require a state return.

1. Start by signing in to your account (if you aren't already). Why do I need to sign in?
  2. Click Contact in the upper-right corner of your screen.
  3. Ask your question, and then:
    • Post it to our community of experts; or
    • Talk one-on-one with a live TurboTax Expert, CPA, or enrolled agent (requires the PLUS add-on if using Federal Free Edition).
Make sure to phrase your question as a "Billing Issue" and not a refund, as it will change how your call is processed.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
EricG1

Please contact our Product Support line and they can handle the return for you. The program itself generates the state return because it is told to, though this is commonly missed. It's not, unfortunately, common knowledge that some states don't require a state return.

1. Start by signing in to your account (if you aren't already). Why do I need to sign in?
  2. Click Contact in the upper-right corner of your screen.
  3. Ask your question, and then:
    • Post it to our community of experts; or
    • Talk one-on-one with a live TurboTax Expert, CPA, or enrolled agent (requires the PLUS add-on if using Federal Free Edition).
Make sure to phrase your question as a "Billing Issue" and not a refund, as it will change how your call is processed.
kspippin

I have had a return call 2 times..Both times after pressing the number to speak to someone I am disconnected..Please advise as to how to talk with someone.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies