turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Irs said i was under review is there a chance of getting it before the 45 days

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

44 Replies
FaithY
Expert Alumni

Maybe. In my experience, IRS usually completes the reviews around the 45 days. IRS may also contact you to provide information to them, so if they request information from you, I would provide it immediately.

IRS says, "If you haven’t received your refund or been contacted by us within 45 days from the date of this notice, you can call us at the number provided on your notice."

I never received a letter
FaithY
Expert Alumni

When your return is under review by IRS, you may receive a CP05 Notice. Watch for the notice in the mail. Please see the following link for more information: <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/individuals/understanding-your-cp05-notice">https://www.irs.gov/individuals/unde...>

Just frustrated  I don't even know when I went into review so I guess 45 days from today since I called today
FaithY
Expert Alumni

I completely understand your frustration. I hope that you get the letter soon so that you can get your refund ASAP.

What if I don't get a letter the woman I spoke to wasn't very nice and said  to just wait until March 29th nothing about sending out a letter

She also said if I don't get an update call after the 29th not before and don't bother checking war because it won't do me any good just be patient

Wmr
FaithY
Expert Alumni

It sounds like your 45 days is March 29th since the IRS woman gave you that date. You may not receive a letter. Definitely call IRS on March 30th if you have not received your refund or any communication from IRS. You can click the following link that contains refund information and is for your reference: <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://taxpayeradvocate.irs.gov/get-help/where-is-my-refund">https://taxpayeradvocate.irs.gov/get-h...>

hello, I was just wondering if you ever heard anything on your refund. I was told the exact same thing and  I have not received a letter. Just when I spoke to them they told me that I was under a 45 day review. It seems that they are telling all of us the same thing. It is crazy this year.

I filed 2/1. My review started 3/12 as dated in my letter. Waited and looked at my stranscripts last night and they updated with refund issued date    5-3-18. WMR hasn't updated still says "refund is STILL being processed! I never got a TA. Just waited 87 dang days.
almp1984

I have been under review for over 60 days and have not received any letters from the IRS at all. I just called and was informed it would be another 60 days and still have not been told why or gotten any type of letter. I'm getting very frustrated. Has this happened to anyone else?

I filed my taxes and it was accepted Feb. 12th. Called mid March and was told under review and i'd receive a letter dated April 1st. Why was the letter dated in advance? Why couldn't they send it out earlier if it was already generated? But my 60-day started from April 1st. I have called repeatedly and have gotten a little bit more information every time. Apparently they need to verify one of my W-2s. Why that takes so long? I don't know. They just said they don't need any additional information from me. I've called purposely before the 60 days and ask if there was any update just because. It really sucks this year. Each rep gave me a little different information oh, so I feel somewhat okay that I'm not completely in the dark. I will continue to call once or twice a week even though I'm told just to keep checking w m r.

I verify in march wmr updated last Saturday saying refund approved then friday it said refund was mailed 0n april 26th then yesterday i received a CP05 letter saying my my return was under review any body know if i will receive my refund?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies