adavid04

I entered a W2 for my dependant and it comes up as my name and SSN. I keep getting a notification to revisit this. How do I change the W2 info to my dependent info?

WillK

You do not report your dependent's W-2 on your return, they would file their own return to claim that W-2. Delete the W-2 you entered from your return, that will fix the problem. To see if your dependent is required to file a tax return, click here: https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips/irs-tax-return/does-everyone-need-to-file-an-income-tax-return/...

adavid04

My dependent also received a 1098T for school, does she put that on her tax return or mine?
WillK

That would go on her return if she is filing one
WillK

To file a separate return for your dependent you need to set up a new account.  Online is only good for one return per account.  You can use the same email address for 5 accounts.

Https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1894512-how-do-i-start-another-return-in-turbotax-online 

Be sure on their return they check the box that says they can be claimed on someone else’s return.  If their only income is W2 and under 12,000 they do not have to file a return except to get back any withholding taken out.

Filing Requirements https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302274