jjlims

I efiled return, without checking that it was extended for 1120S and I00S. How do I fix that?

I just efiled 10 minutes ago for 2021.  I thought I fixed that it was federally extended, but it appears it did not take.

Extended or not the returns are due 9/15  so if you efiled them and they were accepted there is nothing more that you can do.   If you did not file a timely extension then expect a notice from the IRS with a penalty for the late filing and if this is your first offense you can beg forgiveness of the oversight.  

jjlims

Love your critter.  I did file an extension.  I did not notice that I had not checked extended after I efiled.  I saw it in my transmittal letter.  Will Fed and state automatically bill me and I have to send proof I extended Federal?  But I made a mistake

jjlims

Thank you.  Cute cat.

I did file an extension for Fed just forgot to check the box.  Am concerned I will get a late filing penalty even though I filed extension.  Just want to see if I can retransmit with it corrected.  Appreciate your response

Checking the extended box is immaterial and actually does nothing  ... also trying to efile an accepted return a second time will just  get the duplicate rejected.  

fanfare

approval of your extension request is automatic, unless it is not in order.