Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I downloaded turbotax 2020 onto my windows 10 computer; but it fails to install. How can I fix this problems? Thank you.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

I downloaded turbotax 2020 onto my windows 10 computer; but it fails to install. How can I fix this problems? Thank you.

can you be more specific on what failed?

didn't download?

didn't launch?

didn't get the updated from turbo tax?

froze on the activation screen? 

TurboTax 2020 successfully downloaded. However, it evidently fails to launch. Specifically, when the TurboTax 2020 Installer comes up and asks, "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device (Yes or No)?" I click on the "Yes" button. Then I wait, and wait, and wait, and nothing happens. 

I also have an issue with Turbo Tax 2020 failing to launch.  I bought it a month ago and downloaded it successfully also including the updates but it continues to fail to launch showing the following screen and stopping.  So I cannot use Turbo Tax 2020.  Please help.

Turbo Tax fail to launch Screenshot 2021-02-05 101418.jpg

@LongTimeUser12 

Another user posted this fix.  See if it works for you -

• change your resolution to 800 x 600 (start>setting >system resolution. once it's been changed, your screen size will look very big. REMEMBER your initial resolution setting!
  • launch TT and the activation screen should launch.  copy / paste in your activation code. you should get the 'all set' green check mark
  • change your resolution back to what is was originally. 

I reset my computer (see the link, below), and then Turbo Tax installed perfectly.

How to refresh, reset, or restore your PC (microsoft.com)

Setting my screen resolution to 800x600 to activate Turbo Tax 2020 worked.  After activating it, I was able to return my screen resolution to what it was and use Turbo Tax.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies