Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dwolan01

I don't remember my 5-digit \"PIN\". I would guess the FOUR digit pin number that I use for every pin number followed by a 1, but it told me not to guess.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
CPAGAL33
Employee Tax Expert

I don't remember my 5-digit \"PIN\". I would guess the FOUR digit pin number that I use for every pin number followed by a 1, but it told me not to guess.

Hi @dwolan01 

If you are inquiring about your IP PIN, you will need to go to this link to retrieve it.  Retrieve Your Identity Protection PIN (IP PIN) 

If you are inquiring about your 5 digit self select PIN for use when signing your electronic tax return (Form 1040), this will be any five numbers that you choose.  It can be different every year.

If you are trying to e-file your return and it is being rejected for unmatched AGI or self select PIN, you will need to verify your adjusted gross income or self select PIN from your prior year tax return.  You can get your prior year AGI from your IRS transcripts.  Use this link Get Your Tax Record 

Hope this information answers your question

Melanie B.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

LoriC17
Expert Alumni

I have found a link that will help you with the 5 digit pin. This is not stored nor on any printout within TurboTax for security reasons. The article explains what needs to be done if you forget the Signature PIN.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/security/help/what-is-my-signature-id/00/27224

I hope it helps, please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Enjoy your day!!

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@LoriC17 

I don't believe that post you reference is correct.

As far as I can tell from the forum, TurboTax does not allow you to enter your prior year self-selected PIN for verification.

If I'm wrong, please post a "flow" that shows how it is done.

@dwolan01 

Enter any PIN for submitting your tax return.

It doesn't matter that you have forgotten the one from last year.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies