• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hiteshkg

I don't remember if I made estimated tax payments last year. How do I check if I paid estimated taxes? Does IRS send a receipt?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
LinaJ2018
Intuit Alumni

I don't remember if I made estimated tax payments last year. How do I check if I paid estimated taxes? Does IRS send a receipt?

Hello ! 

You would need to contact IRS. 

The number for individuals is 1-800-829-1040. For business returns, the number is 1-800-829-4933. Schedule C sole proprietors and 1099 contractors should call the individual taxpayer number. Agents can look up your payment history by Social Security number and even mail you a statement of all transactions for the relevant tax year.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
LinaJ2018
Intuit Alumni

Hello ! 

You would need to contact IRS. 

The number for individuals is 1-800-829-1040. For business returns, the number is 1-800-829-4933. Schedule C sole proprietors and 1099 contractors should call the individual taxpayer number. Agents can look up your payment history by Social Security number and even mail you a statement of all transactions for the relevant tax year.

View solution in original post

Periwinkle65
Level 3

No the IRS doesn't send receipts. Probably the fasted way of determining whether you paid estimated taxes is to look in you checkbook or bank transaction records, focusing on those months:  January, June, September, January when you would have made those payments.

You can also call the IRS (long hold times, unfortunately) to check on payment history.

Periwinkle65
Level 3

I should have added April when you'd make your first estimated payments.
mychoiceLiquor
Level 2

Follow the instruction to create userID  .  
https://www.irs.gov/payments/view-your-tax-account

* Login to the account

( two step process - you wil get text with Code to be able to login) 

* Under Account status select "View Recent Payment" 
you  will have all the previous payments including Estimated Tax paid .

This will avoid you having to call the IRS to get the information. 

kimmyle2010

I did log in to my IRS account but they do not have the estimated payments I made in 2019. I do not remember if I sent 3 or 4 checks. Since I closed my bank account I do not know how much I have sent. 

DonnaLO
Expert Alumni

Here is information on how you can reach the IRS by phone for further assistance:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301592

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v