ariflores3

I don't know if my return that I mailed was received or not, can I refile electronically?

bluedeb

You don't get a notice that your mailed in return is received.  You cannot e-file since you already mailed in a return.

Three weeks after mailing your amended return, you can start tracking it at the IRS Where's My Amended Return? tracking tool.  Please allow at least 16 weeks for the IRS to process your amended return.

Processing times for amended state returns vary from state to state. If it's been more than 12 weeks since you mailed your amended state return, and you haven't heard anything, we suggest you contact your state tax agency.

bluedeb