turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

zheil8

I don't have the same checking account as last year. How do I update that information.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I don't have the same checking account as last year. How do I update that information.

If you have NOT electronically filed, then you can change your direct deposit information.  Go to the File tab -> select Step 2 -> and follow the prompts and you will be able to change your choice of refund (screenshot below).  

Note:  Some users were having problems with changing bank information from transferred returns.  I have included an article below - if you are having similar problems, follow the advice in that article.

If you have already filed your return, then you will only be able to change it (use the steps above) if your return comes back rejected.  If your return gets accepted by the IRS, then refund method cannot be changed and the IRS will attempt to deposit to the bank on your return.  If this bank account is closed or IRS is unable to deposit it, then they will convert your refund to a paper check and send it to your address on your tax return.

If you don't already know if your return was accepted or rejected, you will know within 48 hours of Monday, Jan 23rd, so keep an eye on your email.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

WHERE DO I GO

If you have NOT electronically filed, then you can change your direct deposit information.  Go to the File tab -> select Step 2 -> and follow the prompts and you will be able to change your choice of refund (screenshot below).  

Note:  Some users were having problems with changing bank information from transferred returns.  I have included an article below - if you are having similar problems, follow the advice in that article.

If you have already filed your return, then you will only be able to change it (use the steps above) if your return comes back rejected.  If your return gets accepted by the IRS, then refund method cannot be changed and the IRS will attempt to deposit to the bank on your return.  If this bank account is closed or IRS is unable to deposit it, then they will convert your refund to a paper check and send it to your address on your tax return.

If you don't already know if your return was accepted or rejected, you will know within 48 hours of Monday, Jan 23rd, so keep an eye on your email.

This article does not help at all. I log into turbo tax and there are only 4 buttons to push, "File" is not one of them

I have help which is a robot that doesn't know whats going on.

search doesn't help

My intuit account has no option for updating filing information

and I don't have my w-2 to file for 2020's taxes

I closed my bank account last year and don't have the same account. It would have been great to get an email or something that deals with the fact that you weren't able to get funds to me and an option for updating account info.

I called the IRS, they cant update my bank information.

I called turbo tax, and they also cant update my bank information.

Im about to be homeless so I have no idea where you think your going to mail a check.

You should get in contact with people so you have some idea of whats going on. That would be great and some method to update information is required and you for some reason don't have that option. Im going to call greendot bank next even though Ive never hear of them but my funds may be there or not, no one knows. 

I'm about to move into my tiny crashed car with my 2 dogs. I don't have time for this, I should have received these funds or at least some form of attempted contact in the past 2 weeks. The IRS said funds were sent a while ago but I haven't received anything. Anyway just saying this article doest help at all. You need options to update bank information on the intuit screen right after logging in or some kind of stimulus bottom and page that accommodates these needs. Thank you, blessings.

AmyC
Expert Alumni

We will have more emails going out in the coming days - so if you did not receive one today, it could still be coming. 

Here are some reasons you may not have received an email yet:

• You were not eligible for a stimulus payment
  • a stimulus payment was already distributed to you by the IRS and could still be on it’s way through Government issued check or prepaid card or an upcoming direct deposit
  • IRS may be working on further solutions to send a stimulus payment to those whose payments were returned in the first round of disbursement
  • IRS has not provided TurboTax and our partners with enough information to process a payment at this time

We continue to work with the IRS and Treasury to ensure delivery of stimulus payments to all eligible TurboTax customers.

@veganbuilt

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies