turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I don't have a bank account and need a paper check. Why won't it give me that option?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I don't have a bank account and need a paper check. Why won't it give me that option?

If you are selecting to pay your TurboTax fees out of your Federal refund, you will not get the option to select a paper check. The reason for this is because the IRS will mail the paper check directly to you, so there would be no way to have the fees taken from that check before it's sent to you. Direct deposit is required if you are choosing to have the TurboTax fees taken out of your refund.  

If you prefer to get a paper check, you will need to remove the option to have the fees taken out of your return and pay for your TurboTax fees with either a credit or debit card, and then you will get option to select to receive a paper check. 

Here's how to remove the refund processing service:

• Non-California filers:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1900517

• California filers:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2154391

Lakeisha

You do have the Option to choose to have your Refund sent to you by Check. You would first need to pay your Turbo Tax Fees Upfront.

• Also if you have a Prepaid Debit card you can also receive your Refund that way as well. All you would need is the Account and Routing Number. You can obtain this information by calling the number on the back of your Card.
Have a great evening!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies