turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Y is my return email 55$ less than what I was told I was getting. come to find out they took my amount owed to state out. but I was told I had to pay by ck w/voucher

if you are so "trustworthy" why isn't there a phone number to call you and actually get through to someone? Here is my problem:

my federal refund said I was supposed to get 529.00 back, but owed state of Missouri 55.00. at the end of doing my taxes, it printed out voucher telling me I have to send in 55 in a check. why is that if my federal was reduced by that amount?? I got the email telling me my refund would only be 474.00.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies

Y is my return email 55$ less than what I was told I was getting. come to find out they took my amount owed to state out. but I was told I had to pay by ck w/voucher

No you can not have a state tax due deducted from the federal refund.  No way, not possible.  So something else is going on.  Did you owe the state for a prior year?  You will still get the full 529 refund.  Turbo Tax is probably just showing you the NET amount of your federal and state. That's just for your own information.   But each one is completely separate.

No. I didn't owe last year, in fact I got a very small refund. I tell you my paper says I am supposed to get 529.00 and owe 55.00 to Missouri, and it all was ok until I printed off my taxes when there was a voucher telling me I had to send in a check with it. This will be last year that I use turbotax. something is going on is right. My email from turbotax stated the 474.

I would gladly post a screen shot of what I am saying... I have never had them show "NET" this is why I'm "upset"

I would gladly post a screen shot of what I am saying... I have never had them show "NET" this is why I'm "upset"

CheriS
Intuit Alumni

@crazygeorge65 Hi, I will reach out to you via e-mail. Thank you
becky79

The email you received just gives you the net amount your being refunded. You will still receive the $529 from federal and have to make your $55 pymt to the state. For ex if my fed refund was $600 and state refund was $50 my email would state $650.

I do understand what you are saying. but all my emails in the past stated what the amount was  not the NET. I guess I will just wait until it gets deposited.
becky79

Wording changes from year to year. Turbo Tax has no control over your refund. Unless you have an offset or the IRS adjusts your return for another reason, you will get the full federal and still have to make the pymt to the state.

thank you but this is useless. I am not stupid I know they don't have control over it but I can see where 55 dollars has been subtracted for state from my federal return (and I know they aren't supposed to do that, and I also know I didn't owe last year)  but I still have to send voucher with 55 payment. I will just wait to see what is deposited and go from there. thank you.

The moderator is sending you an email.  Check for it.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies