Check the amounts you entered as stimulus payments and also check how you entered your newborn.
The IRS considers a baby born during the year to have lived with you for 12 months. Make sure you entered “The whole year” and not months, for example, two months if the baby was born in November.
Then check that you entered the correct amount for the first and second stimulus payments you received.
- Sign into your account and continue from where you left off
- Click on Federal in the left-hand column, then on Federal Review on the top of the screen
- On the next page titled Let's make sure you got the right stimulus amount, click on Continue
- Follow the interview
- TurboTax will determine whether you are entitled to any additional stimulus
- Any stimulus amount remaining due to you will show as a credit on line 30 of your form 1040.
Finally check your tax return.
- Click Tax Tools in the left column.
- Click Tools.
- Select View Tax Summary in the center.
- Go back to the left column. Select Preview my 1040.
- Form 1040 will display. Use the slider bar to the right of the form to move up and down.
- The rebate amount will appear on line 30.
- When you are finished viewing, go back to the left column and select Back.
You cannot change or add anything on the return that you e-filed. It is too late, just like when you put an envelope in a US mailbox
Now you have to wait until the IRS either rejects or accepts your return. Which won't be until Feb 12 this year. If your return is rejected, you will be able to go into your account and add or change it and resend it. Click on Add a State to let you back into your return..
If the IRS accepts your return, then you have to wait until it has been fully processed and you have received your refund or paid the tax due. THEN you can prepare an amended tax return 1040X and mail it in. You cannot e-file an amended return. Meanwhile, DO NOT change anything on your return until you start the amended return. If you did change or add the missing info then take it out and put your return back to the way it was when you first filed it.
You can check your efiling status here,
How to amend an Online return