ask4jkw

I didn't enter the money I paid out of pocket for my personal health insurance. I should have listed in the medical expenses area, How do I go back to that?

MargaretL

Please follow steps below for medical expenses entry:

1. Federal Taxes
  2. Deductions and Credits
  3. Scroll down to Medical, select Medical Expenses - follow the prompts; you'll be asked to enter total amount for all medical insurance premiums that you paid

Note: If you have already filed....If your return has been submitted- please wait - if it's rejected for some reason, you can add your expenses and re-send the return. If your return has been submitted and accepted- you will have to amend; the return is mailed; takes about 16 weeks to process. Here are amending instructions.