adityavagarwal-r

I did not receive a 1099 from my brokerage robinhood. I only have the csv of all trades/options. Does turbotax take in a csv?

Mike9241

How to import Robinhood's 1099 form into TurboTax correctly

The process of uploading a Robinhood tax form into TurboTax will depend on whether you’re reporting securities transactions or crypto trades. The IRS treats stocks, options, and ETFs as securities, while it treats cryptos as property.

To import a Robinhood securities 1099 form into TurboTax, go to “Wages and Income” in the tax preparation software. Select “Stocks, Mutual Funds, Bonds, and Others,” and confirm, and then choose “Robinhood Securities” as the bank or broker name. Enter your Robinhood account number and the tax document ID from your 1099 form. TurboTax will automatically import the tax form once you’ve entered the correct details.

To import Robinhood's crypto 1099 form, go to “Wages and Income” and select “Cryptocurrency.” Confirm the selection and choose Robinhood as the broker name. Upload the CSV file that Robinhood provided alongside the 1099 form to the software.

FYI ... in your robinhood account (under account > statements > tax docs ) you can and should download a PDF of the tax forms for your records.   AND  all imported information needs to be reviewed for accuracy BEFORE you file ... they program doesn't guarantee that the imported information  will be correct since it involves a third party ... this is why a copy of the 1099 form is good to have on hand.