Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I contract with Amazon delivering packages they sent me form 1099 i want to do the tax for that

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I contract with Amazon delivering packages they sent me form 1099 i want to do the tax for that

So  they sent you a 1099-MISC?  Are you an independent contractor?   Do you have self-employment expenses to report with your 1099-MISC?
Coleen3
Intuit Alumni

Income for services reported on a 1099-Misc qualify you as an Independent Contractor, since you did not received a W-2 with taxes withheld. Income and expenses are reported on Schedule C in the Self-Employed Edition. You will be responsible for all the taxes.

Instructions
  1. Open your return.
     (To do this, sign in to TurboTax and click the Take me to my return button.)
  2. Search for “1099-misc” at the top. In the search results, click the “Jump to” link.
  3. Now follow the screens to enter your 1099-MISC info and answer some questions.
  • If you have already entered at least one 1099-MISC - Click Add Another 1099-MISC to enter a new one.

Whether your 1099-MISC is for Self-Employment, Rent, Royalties, a Lawsuit Settlement, Fishing, or any other reason, enter it on the 1099-MISC screen as instructed above. We’ll link your form to the correct income section of your return after you answer a few questions.

1099-MISC Summary Screen

Once you have entered at least one 1099-MISC, then any time you want to review, edit, delete or add a new 1099-MISC form, use the above Instructions to access the 1099-MISC Summary screen. Here you will see all of your 1099-MISC forms.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies