Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I changed my address with the US Postal Service but forgot to with my old employer. Will my W2 get sent to my old address?

I recently moved and sent a request for my mail to be forwarded to my new address with the US Postal Service, but I completely forgot about changing it with my old employer. I am worried it may have been sent out already, and will go to my old address. What should I do if that is the case?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I changed my address with the US Postal Service but forgot to with my old employer. Will my W2 get sent to my old address?

The postal service should forward it but you might want to ask your employer to send another copy to your current address.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

The postal service should forward it but you might want to ask your employer to send another copy to your current address.

Did  usps forward your w2 to your new address

@h1eather2 You are asking about having your W-2 --which is issued in January----forwarded in the mail.  If you are concerned about your 2022 W-2 which will be issued in January 2023, you have plenty of time to provide your address to any old employer so that they can mail it to you without having to have it forwarded.   

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I am asking just in general. Has anyone ever received it forwarded with a change of address

Your employer sends it first class mail and all first class mail is forwarded usually if the forwarding is still active.   Contact the employer if you don't get the W-2 form. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies