Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I changed my address and I need to change the school district code, but cannot access the page to do it. I know the number for the new school district, but cannot get to

but cannot get to the page to do it.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
CrystalS2

I changed my address and I need to change the school district code, but cannot access the page to do it. I know the number for the new school district, but cannot get to

To edit your school district:

1. Click on the State Taxes tab
  2. Select the middle tab that appears under it called Your State Returns
  3. This will bring you to a screen titled Status of Your State Return. Under the actions column, select Continue Return.
  4. This will bring you to a screen titled Your 2016 (State) taxes are ready for us to check, scroll to the bottom and select the edit button next to Other Situations. 
  5. On the next page, scroll to the bottom and under the section labeled School District Taxes select revisit next to your states school district.
  6. From here you will be able to select the correct school district.
Hope this information is Helpful
MMeyer24

This response isn't that old, and was just given to me by a help agent. But I have had this problem every year since 2019, and neither this nor any other fix has worked. I suspect something is hidden in the metadata of the forms TT uses, perhaps as a shortcut reference. But as of 2024 via a browser, this doesn't work. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies