mhq265

I cannot open my TURBO TAX 2018 online program that I downloaded. WHY??

You downloaded the program?  Then did you install it?
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1900764-how-do-i-install-the-turbotax-software-for-windows">https:...>
jt_fackrell

I downloaded the program and do not have an app that can open the program.  Where do I get the app?  

Huh?  The program IS the app.  Are you on a Mac or Windows?
jt_fackrell

The program does not open as an app - I get a Windows popup that asks what app I want to use to open TurboTax, there is no TurboTax app available - I have downloaded the program and I can see it in my downloads - so far it's inaccessible.  I've also rebooted my computer to see if that would work.  I still have a $50 download that I can't do anything with.  It may be a simple fix, but I don't know what it is.  

mesquitebean

What is the file name?  Does it end in .exe or .dmg?
Where did you purchase the program--directly from the TurboTax website or elsewhere?
jt_fackrell

It ends in .dmg.  
mesquitebean

That's the Mac download program.  If you're using a Windows computer, we can tell you how to get the Windows version.   Where did you purchase your download?
jt_fackrell

Intuit
mesquitebean

jt_fackrell
You said you paid $50.  Did you purchase the Basic Edition?   If so, be aware that Basic Edition does not include a state program (extra $44.99) and cannot import from ItsDeductible.

See my answer below on how to reach TurboTax Support.
mesquitebean

jt_fackrell:

Here's how to reach TurboTax Support by phone so you can get the correct version of your download in your account.

You can use the form at the link below to schedule a call back, or it may provide a number.  Hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern) 7 days/week.

Where the form asks what product you are using, be sure in the dropdown menu to indicate "CD/download" and the proper operating system, then indicate which Edition.

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

deskkkhelp

I managed to fix the same issue on Windows by going to Control Panel - Programs - Programs and Features. Then scroll down to where you see TurboTax2018, double click and a window should come up asking to either Uninstall or Repair the download. Click Repair. It should fix the issue. You will then be able to find and open the app if you simply type Turbotax into your toolbar search.