Solved: I cannot obtain a tax transcript from the IRS - i am getting all kinds of error messages regarding my address etc

I cannot obtain a tax transcript from the IRS - i am getting all kinds of error messages regarding my address etc

Is it a foreign address?

right you are - it is a foreign address

I have filed form 4506t with the IRS nearly seven weeks ago. I have not heard from them. I have a foreign address. When I call their support line the automated system hangs up after failing to validate my address, although I have entered it exactly as it shows on my return.

Thanx - most helpful information indeed

Many thanks to Sweetie Jean and I have filled in the request to mail in, but the IRS site clearly states it is not accepting mail ins and I cannot fill in the online request because of my Canadian address.  Can TurboTax request it on my behalf, please?

TurboTax cannot request a transcript on your behalf as we are not a tax preparation firm, but a software company for self-preparation. 

It may be possible, with a signed Form 2848 - Power of Attorney for a local or remote full-service tax professional that your area to do this for you. 

@Mopsey