Solved: I cannot obtain a tax transcript from the IRS - i am getting all kinds of error messages regarding my address etc
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I cannot obtain a tax transcript from the IRS - i am getting all kinds of error messages regarding my address etc

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 15

I cannot obtain a tax transcript from the IRS - i am getting all kinds of error messages regarding my address etc

8 Replies
Highlighted
Level 15

Is it a foreign address?
Highlighted

right you are - it is a foreign address
Highlighted

I have filed form 4506t with the IRS nearly seven weeks ago. I have not heard from them. I have a foreign address. When I call their support line the automated system hangs up after failing to validate my address, although I have entered it exactly as it shows on my return.
Highlighted
Level 15

Highlighted

Thanx - most helpful information indeed
Highlighted
Level 15

Highlighted
Returning Member

Many thanks to Sweetie Jean and I have filled in the request to mail in, but the IRS site clearly states it is not accepting mail ins and I cannot fill in the online request because of my Canadian address.  Can TurboTax request it on my behalf, please?

Highlighted
Employee Tax Expert

TurboTax cannot request a transcript on your behalf as we are not a tax preparation firm, but a software company for self-preparation. 

It may be possible, with a signed Form 2848 - Power of Attorney for a local or remote full-service tax professional that your area to do this for you. 

@Mopsey

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
v
Privacy Settings