trinko

I can't import by Morgan Stanely data. I get "your credentials are incorrect. Please try again"

I verified that the username, password and SSN are correct by logging into the MS web site.

And when I tried something different, the last 4 digits of the SSN, I got a different message saying that my SSN username or password were wrong.

I have no idea what it's talking about when it talks about my credentials given that it doesn't appear to be referring to the log in info I provided.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Kat

When you're logging into your Morgan Stanley account, are you going there VIA the TurboTax program?  You'll select that financial institution from a drop-down menu when you're electing to import in the TT program.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***
Mike9241

check with your broker to make sure your forms are ready and the steps to take to import. some brokers use the same user name and password which allows you to import others do it a different way which requires a document ID number and some other identification such as SSN or user ID