To create a 1099-MISC:
- Go to Tax Tools > Tools > Topic Search (bottom-left corner
- Type create form 1099-misc in the search box and then click Go.
- Click Start Here at the top of the page.
- You will be taken to the Quick Employer Forms page.
- Click Continue and proceed through the interview.
I have been using turbotax self-employed last year. This year I am retired and not self employed. I am trying to file a simple turbotax filling, not a self employed filling. When I enter my account password, I am automatically switched to the self employed form. Do I need to create a new account to use the simple filling?
If you have not paid or registered your copy, you should be able to downgrade to a lower version of TurboTax. Avoid creating a new account since you already have tax history in the account. There are instructions to clear and start over your return in the link above. When you start over, make sure you choose Deluxe instead of Self-Employed.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"